There are several steps you can take to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, a disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. These include:
- Wearing a mask: Wearing a mask that covers your nose and mouth can help reduce the spread of the virus from people who may have the virus but have no symptoms.
- Social distancing: Avoid close contact with people who are sick and keep a distance of at least 6 feet from others in public.
- Hand hygiene: Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cleaning and disinfecting: Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily, such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, and cell phones.
- Staying home if you’re sick: Stay home if you are feeling sick or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Get Vaccinated: Get vaccinated when the vaccine is available to you.
It’s also important to stay informed about the situation in your local area, as recommendations and guidelines may change as more information becomes available about the virus.
It’s worth noting that these preventive measures are not foolproof, but they can reduce the risk of infection and also, it’s essential to follow the guidance of the local public health authorities.